Saturday, September 6, 2008

Got It! My Awesome New Job

I've been seriously, but selectively job hunting for over a year now. So I finally snagged an awesome new job - way better than I even hoped for! That's God for you. So here's a list of why my new job is so cool.
1. It's at Regent Universiy, a Christian college and graduate school.
2. It has flexible hours, so if I can get up early, I can be home just after the boys get home from school! This was essential. I thought I was dreaming when my new boss told me that at the interview!
3. Big tuition breaks for me and the boys!
4. The campus is beautiful. Red brick buildings, lots of mouldings, in the woods. One the same campus is also CBN and the Founder's Inn and Spa.
5. Commute time: 10 minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. I got to quit my old job. Really, it was a great job. But boring and lonely. And it was just part time. I'll keep the store going until someone else takes over, but I don't think I'll miss it. It was just time to move on.
7. Salary - darn good. Benefits - a great company. Dental - yahoo!
8. The timing is perfect. Of course, I have not felt very patient waiting for this opportunity. I've applied to lots of jobs and was getting pretty frustrated. But I've had a great summer with the boys, I got to help out a friend while she went on maternity leave, I got the PTA membership drive off to a good start this year and I even have the Christmas ordering done for the bookstore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! Gotta love that schedule. I am so happy for you! I taught with some folks who went to Regent. :)