Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family Update

We're so busy now with me working full time, I thought I'd make a list of what we are all up to.
1. Geoff is playing Guitar Praise, which is just like Guitar Hero, but with Christian songs. It's cool.
2. Danny is taking the season off of soccer. It has made our schedule so much more manageable. It is a shame that children's sports get so competitive that they have to have multiple practices every week just to keep up. I thought I'd miss it - but I don't! Saturday is my only day to sleep in past 6 am!
3. Brad is working hard and serving at church on Wednesdays and Sundays. He's also enjoying the break from soccer, since he was the head coach.
4. Geoff signed up to be on the technical team for the school play. He'll be great at that, he has so much experience. I'm very excited to see him trying something new. He's so active at church that there is not a lot of time for school activities. I hope this will be a great experience and a good memory for him.
5. Danny is on the Student Council executive board this year. Boy is he excited about having an important role in student government. He is enthusiastic about everything in his life and this is no exception.
6. I am busy with my new job at Regent University. I'm processing student academic forms, arranging for faculty travel and planning residency programs for the Doctoral students. So far it has been fun! We have Bible study on Friday mornings, and people are SO nice to work with.
7. I am also in charge of PTA membership which is going great. Now if I could just get into the computer system to enter them all... I've got to get that figured out this week!
8. I wish we had more time to campaign for McCain. We did hunt down the Republican office and got 2 yard signs and bumper stickers. We had to. Our house sits on a corner and 2 of the other corner houses have Obama signs up. Yikes!
9. Photos. I'm way behind on editing and printing pictures. But I did manage to make some art for the walls of my awesome new office! (My office has high ceilings, lots of moulding, two giant windows and enough room for a couple of visitors.)

No comments: