Sunday, January 29, 2012

CHANGE!

I always tried to be aware of and grateful for the peaceful chapters of our life.  When our jobs were relatively stable, our kids were doing well, and life was busy but manageable.  Never forget to enjoy your blessings.

Last year was tough.  2012 was probably the toughest year of my life.  It started with Brad being diagnosed with cancer, rolled into Geoff getting ready and leaving for college 10 hours away, and continued on with various painful challenges right up until the end of the year. 

Ah, change can be so refreshing.  It started with finding a new church.  Then we got a couple of new chairs to replace the shabby, worn out ones.  We repainted the kitchen installed new counter tops to update the 35 year old kitchen.  Then my old car with 104,000 miles on it started acting up and we bought an adorable shiny new Honda CRV.  I started praying about a professional goal for myself and within weeks have been given the opportunity to teach my first class - Master's level elective course on developmental disabilities.

It feels like I can take a deep breath again.  It feels good to anticipate more good things.  And it feels like we are stronger and better equipped for the next round of whatever this life brings.

No comments: