Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How Did I Get Here?

Wow, could somebody please hit the pause button on my life?  Everything is changing so fast, I don't even recognize my own vocabulary.  Grad school.  Wimba.  Blackboard.  Girlfriend.  Driver's License. 16.  Prom.  iCarley, iPad,  Webcam.  E-Reader.  Friending people.

I seriously look around sometimes and wonder how I got here?  My kids were just little.  I was just a stay-at-home-mom.  Life was simpler, wasn't it?  Or at least less busy?  Or maybe I'm just getting tired more easily.  Hmmm.

But change is good and I am grateful for all of it.  I wish the kids would grow up a little slower, but there isn't much I can do about that.  I guess I'll have to be really really careful to cherish it all, the wonderful and the tough stuff too because if there isn't a pause button there is more change right around the corner.

No comments: