Monday, January 11, 2010

The Fruit Birthday

You know how the 25th Anniversary is the Silver Anniversary, and the 50th is Gold?  Well I think the symbol of my 40th birthday is fruit.  Maybe it is frozen fruit.

My parents sent a cheese and cracker basket, which was actually a huge fruit basket with a box of Triskets and a chuck of cheese.  Which is really, really nice.  Then my sweet hubby brought home a wonderful "Edible Arrangement" - my favorite kind of bouquet.  It is such a luxury to have someone cut up fruit for me to eat!  Then, because of a damaged pineapple, a whole new giant fruit basket arrived today, complete with a box of Triskets and another chunk of cheese.

Now the only glitch in this perfectly fruity story is that my fridge picked last week to rev into overdrive and start chilling everything until it is frozen solid.  And it is still not fixed.  So the problem becomes - what to do with 4 grapefruit, 8 kiwi, 10 navel oranges, a dozen red and green apples, a beautiful fruit bouquet, etc., etc.

I made one apple crisp, and several banana splits, but I think that the giant pile of fruit is too big to conquer with recipies.  I think I am going to surrender and treat the folks at work to a big basket of fruit.  Happy Birthday to all!

No comments: