Friday, December 7, 2007

Things I am Grateful for this Christmas (in no particular order)

  1. The decorating is done, all but the tree. The tree comes later because it will be real
  2. Shopping! Even on a budget, there is a thrill in the hunt.
  3. The beautiful weather in Virginia. It may be 45 degrees today, but it will be 70 again next week!
  4. I can walk and I’m NOT pregnant! Last year I was down – literally, with a bad back. I had to sleep on the floor and take a lot of meds. And the year I was pregnant with Dan I was on the couch with an I.V. pole. I definitely missed out on a lot, so I really appreciate being healthy for Christmas.
  5. Brad. I can’t be too specific as this is a family-friendly blog. ;) Counting the years we were dating this is our 19th Christmas together. I could not be more grateful.
  6. Geoffrey. What a light show! Check out the link, week two is posted now.
  7. Daniel. He can hear the bell from Santa’s sleigh and he believes. No one lives the excitement, anticipation and joy of Christmas more deeply than children.
  8. Girls’ Night Out – you ladies are TOO funny!
  9. Target. And chocolate covered pretzels.
  10. Running the bookstore is so much fun at Christmas! I swear people will buy anything!
  11. Old friends and new ones. I love writing out Christmas cards and sending them out all over the country! Friends are treasures collected throughout my whole life. To you dear friends in PA, NY, FL, CA, VA and TX, Merry Christmas!
  12. Our families. No one ever made better grandparents than Pete & Sue and Bob & Bev. They truly spoil the boys. Everyone needs a little spoiling.
  13. Jesus. As a Christian, I look for something new each year, something about God and Christmas that I never realized. This year I’ve been struck by God’s humility. Jesus was there at the creation of the earth. He made everything that there is. He designed the atom and the cell. All of mankind can barely grasp the intricacy and the profound genius of the construction of life. But when it was time, He came down here to save us. Then He had nothing. Not even clothes. How can that be? How can He love us that much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have loved reconnecting with you too! Old FRIENDS are a huge thing to be grateful for! Love ya, Mare